Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2015
At DesignCrowd, we believe that our product is the key to our success. We’re looking for an exceptionally driven Marketing Manager to develop, expand, converge and leverage DesignCrowd’s owned & earned media & assets, including social, PR, on-site content (blogs, articles, UGC), 3rd party content & sharing/virality. This critical role reports to DesignCrowd’s Head of Community, Content, Communications
As Marketing Manager you will manage the day to day marketing activities of the organization for owned & earned media and long term marketing strategy for the Company in these areas. Within this wider context, you will have 3 main sub-areas of focus: PR, Social and Content.
Content Responsibilities in general this role is responsible for all content creation.
Specific Content Responsibilities will include:
• Create weekly/monthly/quarterly content plans;
• Work with external agencies & resources;
• Edit, curate, enhance and condense existing & historical content;.
• Further create and distribute content on blog, email and other owned media;
• Manage and co-ordinate all 3rd parties & agency;
• Off-site blogging;
• Production of content assets;
• Develop and launch assets for customer lead generation campaigns;
• Drive sharing, dissemination, promotion and word of mouth of owned & earned media;
• Measurement and reporting of content initiatives (Google Analytics, other platforms, Excel) according to agreed KPI’s.
PR Responsibilities in general will be to support & drive superior performance and outcomes from our PR agencies and resources. Specific PR responsibilities include:
• Support Head of Communications;
• Resourcing business guest editorial program;
• Reporting: Drive customer registrations, sales, direct traffic as a result of this activity and report weekly and monthly on results versus targets. Using a variety of tools (Google Analytics, Excel);
• Management of the Press page on DesignCrowd site; and
• Working with executive team members on guest editorial creation and coordinating press release approvals and interviews as required.
Social Responsibilities in general you will be responsible for the ongoing management, growth, success, evolution and innovation of DesignCrowd’s owned Social Media and Social channels and content. This means measured and meaningful gains in social as indicated by successful achievement across a range of KPI targets, including (but not limited to) site traffic, customer registrations, conversions
Specific Social responsibilities will include:
• Innovate & ideate strong and impactful social content plans integrated across multiple channels and platforms driving high organic interaction and rapid audience growth;
• Plan, create and share social assets and ongoing content;
• Continually test, optimize and develop site content & assets to maximize social and platform visit conversion to registration & eventual sale;
• Work with PR agency and any other nominated agency/freelance/consultancy to deliver content plan, and execution for DC’s Facebook page;
• Manage and coordinate as required to drive best performance and output from 3rd parties including agencies;
• Set targets for Facebook activity for community and advertising initiatives;
• Converge & co-ordinate organic social campaigns with paid social campaigns to best business advantage;
• Optionally plan, manage , test, develop and rapidly grow DC paid Facebook campaigns.
• University degree required
Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated success as a Marketing Manager or owner of an audience or market with demonstrated growth and development
• Strong analytical and project management skills;
• Strong creative outlook;
• Managing content for a blog;
• Running a PR function;
• Running a Social Media Presence
• Experience working with & comfort on following technical platforms and software ; HTML, Photoshop,
• The energy and enthusiasm to deal with campaigns;
• The ability to work to deadlines and cope with the pressure;
• Self-confidence to sell ideas and brief agencies and the marketing team.
• You enjoy a challenge and want responsibility.
• An attractive salary package, performance-based bonus;
• The opportunity to join a young, fun, creative team.
• An exciting and entrepreneurial work environment where you will be given a lot of responsibility and have the opportunity to make a big impact.
• Other perks like free coffees / juices from our local café every day, an awesome working space, creative team social activities, Friday Happy-Hours, office ping pong and an abundance of tasty snacks to keep you going during the day.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your next challenge Apply Now!